This activity is assessing emerging requirements for IEEE 802-based communication infrastructures, identifying commonalities, gaps, and trends not currently addressed by IEEE 802 standards and projects. It is facilitating industry consensus on topics that that result in proposals to initiate new standards development efforts. The activity was renewed for two years on 2019-03-21, following the original authorization from March 2017 – March 2019 in ICAID IC17-001-01.
- Cut-Through Forwarding in Bridges and Bridged Networks [CTF]
- Evolved Link Layer Architecture [ELLA]
- Prior Study Items
- see Study Item Schedule
- New Study Item proposals are invited
- Prior Work Items
- see Work Item Schedule
This calendar is shown in the local time zone ( local time: ).
- see schedule in calendar above
- electronic meetings each Thursday 09:00-11:00 ET
- additional meetings as announced at least 10 days in advance
- meeting may be cancelled if no contributions posted or expected 1 day before, with announcement to Nendica reflector
In-person meetings (access remotely, upon advance request to the Chair):
- none scheduled
Subject-line tags are recommended to identify messages related to a specific Work Item. Please identify such messages by starting your subject line with
For more information on Nendica, including help on proposing new Work Items, contact the Chair, Roger Marks.