This activity documents emerging requirements and directions for IEEE 802 networks, identifying commonalities, gaps, and trends not currently addressed by IEEE 802 standards and projects, and facilitate industry consensus towards proposals to initiate new standards development efforts. The activity was renewed for two years on 2021-09-20, following the original authorization from March 2017 – March 2019 in ICAID IC17-001-01 and the renewal from March 2019 – March 2021 (extended to September 2021) in ICAID IC17-001-02.
- Evolved Link Layer Architecture [ELLA]
- Forwarding of Fieldbus CPF 12 on 802.1 Bridges [CPF12]
- Cut-Through Forwarding in Bridges and Bridged Networks [CTF]
- Prior Study Items
- see Study Item Schedule
- New Study Item proposals are invited
- Prior Work Items
- see Work Item Schedule
This calendar is shown in the local time zone ( local time:
). If you see a reCAPCHA request instead of a calendar above, particularly if using Safari, open your browser Preferences/Privacy and uncheck “Prevent cross-site tracking.” Alternatively, use this calendar (which displays in ET).
- see schedule in calendar above
- electronic meetings each Thursday 09:00-11:00 ET
- additional meetings as announced at least 10 days in advance
- meeting may be cancelled if no contributions posted or expected 1 day before, with announcement to Nendica reflector
In-person meetings (access remotely, upon advance request to the Chair):
- none scheduled
Subject-line tags are recommended to identify messages related to a specific Work Item. Please identify such messages by starting your subject line with
For more information on Nendica, including help on proposing new Work Items, contact the Chair, Roger Marks.