This activity documents emerging requirements and directions for IEEE 802 networks, identifying commonalities, gaps, and trends not currently addressed by IEEE 802 standards and projects, and facilitate industry consensus towards proposals to initiate new standards development efforts. Following the original authorization from March 2017 – March 2019 in ICAID IC17-001-01 and the renewal to March 2021 (extended to September 2021) in ICAID IC17-001-02, the activity was renewed to September 2023 on 2021-09-20 in ICAID IC17-001-03 and to September 2025 on 2023-09-21 in ICAID IC17-001-04. The ICAID will auto-renew binannualy thereafter without further action from within IEEE 802 to modify or terminate it.
- Evolved Link Layer Architecture [ELLA]
- Cut-Through Forwarding in Bridges and Bridged Networks [CTF]
- Prior Study Items
- see Study Item Schedule
- New Study Item proposals are invited
- Prior Work Items
- see Work Item Schedule
This calendar is shown in the local time zone ( local time:
). If you see a reCAPCHA request instead of a calendar above, particularly if using Safari, open your browser Preferences/Privacy and uncheck “Prevent cross-site tracking.” Alternatively, use this calendar (which displays in ET).
Electronic and in-person meetings:
- in-person (typically bimonthly) at IEEE 802.1 sessions
- electronic meetings Thursday 09:00-11:00 ET (typically biweekly)
- see Meetings, agenda, and minutes
- agenda posted at least 5 days in advance
- additional electronic meetings as announced at least 10 days in advance
- meeting may be cancelled if no contributions posted or expected 2 days before, with announcement to Nendica reflector
- contact Chair, Roger Marks, with agenda requests
The Nendica documents are on the Mentor document repository. You may browse and download documents anonymously. To contribute a new document, log in using an IEEE password. Contributions must be uploaded prior to presentation.
Subject-line tags are recommended to identify messages related to a specific Work Item. Please identify such messages by starting your subject line with
For more information on Nendica, including help on proposing new Work Items, contact the Chair, Roger Marks.