This activity is assessing emerging requirements for IEEE 802-based communication infrastructures, identifying commonalities, gaps, and trends not currently addressed by IEEE 802 standards and projects. It is facilitating industry consensus on topics that that result in proposals to initiate new standards development efforts. The activity was renewed for two years on 2019-03-21, following the original authorization from March 2017 – March 2019 in ICAID IC17-001-01.
- Data Center Networks [DCN]
- Stream and Flow Interworking [SFI]
- see Work Item Schedule
- New Work Item proposals are invited
- Completed Work Items
- Managed LAN as a Service [MLAAS]
- New Study Item proposals are invited
This calendar is shown in the local time zone ( local time: ).
- teleconferences (see schedule in calendar above)
- 2020-05-20, extra DCN meeting during Virtual IEEE 802.1 Interim
In-person meetings (access remotely, upon advance request to the Chair):
week of 2020-07-14, IEEE 802 Plenary, Montrealvenue cancelled
- (possible) week of 2020-09-14, IEEE 802 Wireless Interim, Atlanta
- (scheduled) week of 2020-09-21, IEEE 802.1 Interim, Stuttgart
- (scheduled) week of 2020-11-09, IEEE 802 Plenary, Bangkok
Subject-line tags are recommended to identify messages related to a specific Work Item. Please identify such messages by starting your subject line with
For more information on Nendica, including help on proposing new Work Items, contact the Chair, Roger Marks.