802.1 maintains a database of completed and outstanding maintenance activities which are accessible from this page. Note that only activities organized under the 802.1 Maintenance process are here. This process was initiated in March 2011.
802.1 maintenance requests are accepted from voting members of the IEEE 802.1 Working Group using the ASCII form below.
Please supply all of the requested information, and email your form to the Maintenance Request Reflector. The body of the email request should be addressed to the Chair of IEEE 802.1, Glenn Parsons, and copied to the Vice-Chair of IEEE 802.1, John Messenger and the Maintenance TG Chair, Paul Congdon. The Maintenance Email Archive may contain requests that have not yet been included in the database. Questions about the process or particular requests can also be directed to those people.
New requests are initially considered by the standing Maintenance Task Group. The deadline is 35 calendar days prior to the meeting of the Maintenance Task Group (although in practice they can often be dealt with regardless). Requests received after the deadline may be considered at a subsequent meeting of the Maintenance Task Group.
- 802.1Q-2018 Bridges and Bridged Networks – Revision
- 802.1AC-2016 — Media Access Control (MAC) Service Definition Revision
Agenda for March 19, 2020 Conference Calls
The Maintenance TG will conduct electronic meetings on March 19 in lieu of a face-to-face meeting as the March 2020 IEEE 802 Plenary Session has been cancelled due to COVID-19.
Details and agendas for the electronic meetings of the Maintenance TG are provided below. WebEx will be used for these meetings. Registration will be required for you to join the meeting. Please refer to the meeting logistics provided for each particular session below. (Registration links to be provided). After WebEx registration to a given electronic meeting, the WebEx meeting credentials with a Calendar entry are automatically emailed to the registered email address.
The times are given in EDT: Eastern Daylight Time. Note that the USA is already daylight saving, whereas other parts of the world are not, e.g., Europe.
Electronic meeting guidelines:
- Please provide your information when signing in WebEx for the first time:
- Full name
- Affiliation as part of your family name (in brackets)
- For example: John Smith (Plumbers Co.)
- To change your data after signing in, see the instructions on the last page
- Please mute yourself when you are not speaking
- Please put yourself into the queue “at the mic” via the chat window
Primary Maintenance Session – 2PM – 4PM – EDT
Logistics: WebEx Registration Link
- Patents and Guidelines
- EPD/LPD change proposal – Roger Marks
- SC6 Status Review
- Liaison – SG15-LS245: LS on OTNT Standardization Work Plan Issue 27
- 802.1Q-Revision PAR discussion
- Document Vehicle Status
- New Maintenance items
- 0255 – 802.1CB-2017 18.104.22.168 SequenceGenerationReset
- 0256 – 802.1CB-2017, 7.4.3 Base recovery function
- 0257 – 802.1CB-2017, 22.214.171.124 VectorRecoveryAlgorithm
- 0258 – 802.1CB-2017 126.96.36.199 SequenceRecoveryReset – Contribution by Balázs Varga
- 0259 – 802.1CB-2017 188.8.131.52 SequenceGenerationReset – Contribution by Balázs Varga
- Existing Maintenance items
Administrative Maintenance Session – 4:30PM – 5:30PM – EDT
Logistics: WebEx Registration Link
- Review of 802.1 motions for Mar 20th EC meeting – 10 minutes
- Review of potential 802.1 motions for Apr 7th EC meeting – 10 minutes
- Review of potential 802.1 WG motions – 10 minutes
- Continuation of – 0242 – IEEE Std 802.1Qcp-2018: Collected issues on data consistency and others.