802.1 maintains a database of completed and outstanding maintenance activities which are accessible from this page. Note that only activities organized under the 802.1 Maintenance process are here. This process was initiated in March 2011.
802.1 maintenance requests are accepted from voting members of the IEEE 802.1 Working Group using the ASCII form below.
Please supply all of the requested information, and email your form to the Maintenance Request Reflector. The body of the email request should be addressed to the Chair of IEEE 802.1, Glenn Parsons, and copied to the Vice-Chair of IEEE 802.1, John Messenger. The Maintenance Email Archive may contain requests that have not yet been included in the database. Questions about the process or particular requests can also be directed to those people.
New requests are initially considered by the standing Maintenance Task Group. The deadline is 35 calendar days prior to the meeting of the Maintenance Task Group (although in practice they can often be dealt with regardless). Requests received after the deadline may be considered at a subsequent meeting of the Maintenance Task Group.
- 802.1AC-2016/Cor-1 – LLC Encapsulation Ethertype
- 802.1Q-2018 Bridges and Bridged Networks – Revision
- 802.1AC-2016 — Media Access Control (MAC) Service Definition Revision
Agenda for July 2018 meeting, Tues 10th July
- Patents and Guidelines
- New Maintenance items
- 0206: EAPOL address use alignment with 802.1AE, 802.1Q
- 0207: MACsec Controlled Port use by PAE (nit)
- 0208: Port Identifier alignment with 802.1AE
- 0209: SCI definition alignment
- Existing Maintenance items
- Open maintenance items that are not balloting
- 802.1Q-2018-related items – review and close as necessary
- Review of Maintenance Motions
- Comment resolution
- 802.1AC-2016-Cor-1/D1.2 – Editor’s report
- None received
- SC6 comment resolution
- None required
- SC6 status