802.1 maintains a database of completed and outstanding maintenance activities which are accessible from this page. Note that only activities organized under the 802.1 Maintenance process are here. This process was initiated in March 2011.
802.1 maintenance requests are accepted from voting members of the IEEE 802.1 Working Group using the ASCII form below.
Please supply all of the requested information, and email your form to the Maintenance Request Reflector. The body of the email request should be addressed to the Chair of IEEE 802.1, Glenn Parsons, and copied to the Vice-Chair of IEEE 802.1, Jessy Rouyer and the Maintenance TG Chair, Paul Congdon. The Maintenance Email Archive may contain requests that have not yet been included in the database. Questions about the process or particular requests can also be directed to those people.
New requests are initially considered by the standing Maintenance Task Group. The deadline is 35 calendar days prior to the meeting of the Maintenance Task Group (although in practice they can often be dealt with regardless). Requests received after the deadline may be considered at a subsequent meeting of the Maintenance Task Group.
- 802.1Q-Rev – Revision of 802.1Q-2018 (roll-up of amendments and several minor bug fixes).
- 802.1ASdr – Amendment: Inclusive Terminology
Recently Completed Projects
- 802.1ACct – Support for IEEE Std 802.15.3
- 802.1AS-2020/Cor1 – Corrigendum to IEEE Standard 802.1AS-2020
- 802.1BA-Rev – Revision to IEEE Std 802.1BA-2011
Proposed and up-to-date agendas are linked to the Maintenance TG Agendas page available here.
Upcoming Meeting Calendar
This calendar is shown in the local time zone ( local time: ).
- see schedule in calendar above
- Note: Approved 802.1 WG Motion: “802.1 authorizes the Maintenance TG to hold teleconferences to address task group matters and progress resolution of maintenance items documented in the maintenance database (https://1.ieee802.org/maintenance/database/). Dates/times to be announced subject to notice of at least 10 days to the 802.1 email exploder.”
- none scheduled