All attendees are expected to familiarize themselves with the Working Group Policies and Procedures at http://1.ieee802.org/rules/ before participating in the meeting (or meetings) to be held based on the present notice, and to act accordingly. By participating in this meeting (or meetings), attendees agree to comply with all applicable laws and with the IEEE Codes of Ethics and Conduct and all IEEE policies and procedures including, but not limited to, the IEEE Patent Policy and IEEE SA Copyright and Participation Policies as provided in http://www.ieee802.org/1/files/public/templates/admin-TG-intro-0323-v01.pdf.
Chair to advise:
- IEEE’s Patent Policy is described in Clause 6 of the IEEE SA Standards Board Bylaws.
- Early identification of patent claims which may be essential for the use of standards under development is strongly encouraged.
- There may be Essential Patent Claims of which IEEE is not aware. Additionally, neither IEEE, the WG, nor the WG Chair can ensure the accuracy or completeness of any assurance or whether any such assurance is, in fact, of a Patent Claim that is essential for the use of the standard under development.
- IEEE SA’s copyright policy is described in Clause 7 of the IEEE SA Standards Board Bylaws and Clause 6.1 of the IEEE SA Standards Board Operations Manual.
- Any material submitted during standards development, whether verbal, recorded, or in written form, is a Contribution and shall comply with the IEEE SA Copyright Policy.
The Maintenance Task Group agenda typically gives precedence to formally submitted maintenance requests on published standards, approved projects, Project Authorization Request (PAR)/Criteria for Standards Development (CSD) development previously approved by 802.1, and other matters arising, in that order.
Requests for agenda items or time to present should be emailed to the Working Group Vice-Chair Jessy Rouyer. Each presentation must be uploaded to the 802.1 file server and accessible to meeting attendees before the presentation begins.
The 802.1 calendar includes access details for these meetings. Times for discussion of specific subjects are subject to change, and will be reviewed at the start of plenary and interim sessions, do not use to plan your meeting attendance without further consultation.
Mixed-mode meeting guidelines:
- Please RECORD YOUR ATTENDANCE via IMAT during the time interval announced for the meeting. This is essential for minute taking.
- Please mute yourself when you are not speaking
- When signing into Webex for the first time (see the instructions on slide 6), please provide your first and last name followed by your affiliation e.g. in [square brackets] as in e.g. John Smith [Plumbers Co.]
- Please put / remove yourself into the queue “at the mic” in the chat window, e.g.: “+q” or “-q”.
Tuesday Nov 7, 2023 meeting – 11:00-13:00 ET
- Location: Webex
- Webex: Link
- Meeting number (access code): 2335 559 7076
- Meeting password: rhKMVgtN742
- IMAT: Link
- Meeting introduction
- Approval of agenda
- 802 PARs Under Consideration
- P802.15.4ad – IEEE Standard for Low-Rate Wireless Networks Amendment: Data rate and range extensions to IEEE 802.15.4 Smart Utility Network (SUN) Physical layer (PHY), PAR and CSD
- P802.19.3a – IEEE Recommended Practice for Local and Metropolitan Area Networks–Part 19: Coexistence Methods for IEEE 802.11 and IEEE 802.15.4 Based Systems Operating in the Sub-1 GHz Frequency Bands Amendment: Additional recommendations for improved coexistence, PAR and CSD
- Liaison Activity – Karen Randall
- Liaison to SC6 – Karen Randall
- Ballot comment responses – TBD
- CIB for IEEE 802.1Qcz and IEEE 802.1AEdk close 12 November 2023
- Sending drafts/standards for information/adoption
- Pending: IEEE P802.1CS-2020/Cor1, IEEE P802.1ASdn, IEEE P802.1DC, IEEE 802f, IEEE 802.1Qcw, and IEEE 802.1Qcj
- Ballot comment responses – TBD
- Any Other Business
- Future meetings