This is a joint project of IEC SC65C/MT9 and IEEE 802 to define TSN profiles for industrial automation. This joint work will provide a jointly developed standard that is both an IEC and an IEEE standard, i.e., a dual logo standard.
This standard defines time-sensitive networking profiles for industrial automation. The profiles select features, options, configurations, defaults, protocols, and procedures of bridges, end stations, and LANs to build industrial automation networks.
IEEE 802 standards address a very wide range of networking scenarios. Users and vendors of interoperable bridged time-sensitive networks for industrial automation need guidelines for the selection and the use of IEEE 802 standards and features in order to be able to deploy converged networks to simultaneously support operations technology traffic and other traffic.
|Current Draft||D0.5 (14 Jan 2019)|
|PAR & CSD||Full title: Time-Sensitive Networking Profile for Industrial Automation
PAR approved: May 14, 2018
|Web page||Mark Hantel|
Meetings and conference calls
The following face-to-face meetings have been agreed by the participants:
- January 15-17, Hiroshima, Japan, at the IEEE 802.1 Interim, see further information
- March 13-15, Vancouver, BC, Canada at the IEEE 802 Plenary
- May 22-24, Salt Lake City, UT, USA, at the IEEE 802.1 Interim, see further information
- July 17-19, Vienna Austria at the IEEE 802 Plenary
- September 18-20, Edinburgh, UK, at the IEEE 802.1 Interim, see further information
- November 13-15, Waikoloa, HI, USA at the IEEE 802 Plenary
* Please note that the dates depend on meeting room availability, may need to be changed within the meeting week if meeting room is not available for the date we requested.
Please visit the TSN agenda page for meeting agenda.
There are bi-weekly calls for IEC/IEEE 60802 on Mondays from 6am PT if there is any agenda item to be discussed. The calls are marked with “IEC/IEEE 60802” and listed among the upcoming conference calls, where the details on logistics are also provided.
|14 Jan 2019||IEC/IEEE 60802, Draft 0.5|
|11 Nov 2018||IEC/IEEE 60802, Draft 0.4|
|13 Sep 2018||IEC/IEEE 60802, Draft 0.3|
|12 Sep 2018||IEC/IEEE 60802, Draft 0.2|
|11 Sep 2018||IEC/IEEE 60802, Draft 0.1|
|26 Jul 2018||IEC/IEEE 60802, Draft 0.0|
The above list includes only the latest version of (proposed) dispositions. (See the project folder for a complete list). The dates listed are the website file dates; they may differ from the creation dates in the documents.
Presentations and contributions
The above list includes only the latest version of updated documents and omits those superseded by subsequent discussion or inclusion in the current draft (see filenames beginning “60802-” in the 2017, 2018, or 2019 public directories for a complete list). The dates listed are the website file dates; they may differ from the creation dates in the documents.