The Security Task Group agenda gives precedence to formally submitted maintenance requests on published standards, approved projects, PAR (Project Authorization Request) development previously approved by 802.1, and other matters arising, in that order.
Requests for agenda items or time to present should be emailed to the Task Group chair Mick Seaman. Each presentation must be uploaded to the 802.1 file server and accessible to meeting or conference call attendees before the presentation begins.
The group will next meet face-to-face Monday through Wednesday during the IEEE 802 Plenary in Vancouver, March 2019.
[See individual project status for links to working documents and contributions]
- ISO/IEC adoption of IEEE 802.1 standards under the PSDO agreement
- P802E Privacy (Recommended Practice … for IEEE 802 …)
Task group ballot resolution
- Comment resolution (update to current proposed disposition of comments)
- P802.1X-Rev Port-Based Network Access Control – Revision
Review prior to first ballot
- Future meetings/teleconferences
Agenda times are subject to change, and will be reviewed at the start of the week, do not use to plan your meeting attendance without further consultation.
- P802E will be discussed on Tuesday (beginning after the Maintenance Task Group finishes) and Wednesday.
- The proposed P802.1DG “Time-Sensitive Networking Profile for Automotive In-Vehicle Ethernet Communications” PAR and CSD includes the application of 802.1 security standards in its scope and will be discussed by the TSN Task Group and by the IEEE 802.1 Working Group in plenary.
At IEEE 802 plenaries, the Security Task Group typically meets Monday afternoon (2.00 pm), Tuesday morning (10.30 am, earlier if the Maintenance Task Group finishes early) and afternoon (2.00 pm), and Wednesday morning (9.00 am) and afternoon (2.00 pm). 802.1 WG plenaries are planned for Monday 10.30 am and Thursday 1.30 pm. The maintenance task group meets Tuesday 8.00 am. The JTC1 SC (Standing Committee) meets Tuesday 1.30 pm to consider internationalization of IEEE 802 standards by ISO/IEC JTC1 under the PSDO (Partner Standards Developing Organization) agreement.
Upcoming conference calls
No calls are currently scheduled.